Re: WIP: Avoid creation of the free space map for small tables

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: WIP: Avoid creation of the free space map for small tables
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Dec 6, 2018 at 10:53 PM John Naylor <jcnaylor@gmail.com> wrote:

> I've added an additional regression test for finding the right block
> and removed a test I thought was redundant. I've kept the test file in
> its own schedule.

+# ----------
+# fsm does a vacuum, and running it in parallel seems to prevent heap
truncation.
+test: fsm
+

It is not clear to me from the comment why running it in parallel
prevents heap truncation, can you explain what behavior are you seeing
and what makes you think that running it in parallel caused it?

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.