Re: Time delayed LR (WAS Re: logical replication restrictions)

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: Time delayed LR (WAS Re: logical replication restrictions)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jan 30, 2023 at 9:43 AM Kyotaro Horiguchi
<horikyota.ntt@gmail.com> wrote:

> At Mon, 30 Jan 2023 08:51:05 +0530, Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote in
> > On Mon, Jan 30, 2023 at 8:32 AM Kyotaro Horiguchi
> > <horikyota.ntt@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > At Sat, 28 Jan 2023 04:28:29 +0000, "Takamichi Osumi (Fujitsu)" <osumi.takamichi@fujitsu.com> wrote in
> > >
> > > INT_MAX can stick out of int32 on some platforms. (I'm not sure where
> > > that actually happens, though.) We can use PG_INT32_MAX instead.
> > >

> > But in other integer GUCs including recovery_min_apply_delay, we use
> > INT_MAX, so not sure if it is a good idea to do something different
> > here.
>
> The GUC is not stored in a catalog, but.. oh... it is multiplied by
> 1000.

Which part of the patch you are referring to here? Isn't the check in
the function defGetMinApplyDelay() sufficient to ensure that the
'delay' value stored in the catalog will always be lesser than
INT_MAX?

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.