Re: doc: improve the restriction description of using indexes on REPLICA IDENTITY FULL table.

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: doc: improve the restriction description of using indexes on REPLICA IDENTITY FULL table.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jul 21, 2023 at 6:55 AM Masahiko Sawada <sawada.mshk@gmail.com> wrote:

> I've attached the updated patch. I'll push it early next week, barring
> any objections.

You have moved most of the comments related to the restriction of
which index can be picked atop IsIndexUsableForReplicaIdentityFull().
Now, the comments related to limitation atop
FindUsableIndexForReplicaIdentityFull() look slightly odd as it refers
to limitations but those limitation were not stated. The comments I am
referring to are: "Note that the limitations of index scans for
replica identity full only .... might not be a good idea in some
cases". Shall we move these as well atop
IsIndexUsableForReplicaIdentityFull()?

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.