Re: Backpatch b61d161c14 (Introduce vacuum errcontext ...)

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: Backpatch b61d161c14 (Introduce vacuum errcontext ...)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jul 2, 2020 at 9:07 AM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 30, 2020 at 9:30 AM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> > > If I am not missing anything then that change was in
> > > lazy_cleanup_index and after this patch, it won't be required because
> > > we are using a different variable name.
> > >
> > > I have combined both the patches now.
> > >

> > I am planning to push this tomorrow if there are no further
> > suggestions/comments.
> >

> Pushed.  Now, coming back to the question of the back patch.  I see a
> point in deferring this for 3-6 months or maybe more after PG13 is
> released.  OTOH, this implementation is mainly triggered by issues
> reported in this area and this doesn't seem to be a very invasive
> patch which can cause some de-stabilization in back-branches. I am not
> in a hurry to get this backpatched but still, it would be good if this
> can be backpatched earlier as quite a few people (onlist and EDB
> customers) have reported issues that could have been narrowed down if
> this patch is present in back-branches.
>
> It seems Alvaro and I are in favor of backpatch whereas Andres and
> Justin seem to think it should be deferred until this change has seen
> some real-world exposure.
>
> Anyone else wants to weigh in?

Seeing no more responses, it seems better to defer this backpatch till
PG13 is out and we get some confidence in this functionality.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.

Сообщение: Re: PATCH: logical_work_mem and logical streaming of large in-progress transactions
Сообщение: Re: PATCH: logical_work_mem and logical streaming of large in-progress transactions