Re: [HACKERS] hash index on unlogged tables doesn't behave as expected

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: [HACKERS] hash index on unlogged tables doesn't behave as expected
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Jul 8, 2017 at 9:08 AM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 7, 2017 at 11:36 PM, Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I think we should do that as a separate patch (I can write the same as
>> well) because that is not new behavior introduced by this patch, ...
>
> True, although maybe hash indexes are the only way that happens today?

No, I think it will happen for all other indexes as well.  Basically,
we log new page for init forks of other indexes and then while
restoring that full page image, it will fall through the same path.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.