Re: zheap: a new storage format for PostgreSQL

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: zheap: a new storage format for PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Nov 11, 2018 at 11:55 PM Kuntal Ghosh
<kuntalghosh.2007@gmail.com> wrote:

> > ... just had a warning when recompiling from the latest sources on CentOS 7:
> >
> > labels -Wmissing-format-attribute -Wformat-security -fno-strict-aliasing -fwrapv -fexcess-precision=standard -O2
-I../../../../src/include -D_GNU_SOURCE -I/usr/include/libxml2   -c -o tpd.o tpd.c
> > tpd.c: In function ‘TPDFreePage’:
> > tpd.c:1003:15: warning: variable ‘curblkno’ set but not used [-Wunused-but-set-variable]
> >   BlockNumber  curblkno = InvalidBlockNumber;
> >                ^

This variable is used only for Asserts, so we need to use
PG_USED_FOR_ASSERTS_ONLY while declaring it.

> Thanks Daniel for testing zheap and reporting the issue. We'll push a
> fix for the same.

Pushed the fix now.

--
With Regards,