Re: Logical replication timeout problem

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: Logical replication timeout problem
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, May 9, 2022 at 7:01 PM Euler Taveira <euler@eulerto.com> wrote:

> On Mon, May 9, 2022, at 3:47 AM, Amit Kapila wrote:
>
> Thanks. The patch LGTM. I'll push and back-patch this after the
> current minor release is done unless there are more comments related
> to this work.
>
> Looks sane to me. (I only tested the HEAD version)
>
> +   bool        end_xact = ctx->end_xact;
>
> Do you really need a new variable here? It has the same name and the new one
> isn't changed during the execution.

I think both ways should be okay. I thought the proposed way is okay
because it is used in more than one place and is probably slightly
easier to follow by having a separate variable.

> Does this issue deserve a test? A small wal_receiver_timeout. Although, I'm not
> sure how stable the test will be.

Yes, the main part is how to write a stable test because estimating
how many changes are enough for the configured wal_receiver_timeout to
pass on all the buildfarm machines is tricky. Also, I am not sure how
important is to test this behavior because based on this theory we
should have tests for all kinds of timeouts.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.