Re: PostgreSQL 15 minor fixes in protocol.sgml

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: PostgreSQL 15 minor fixes in protocol.sgml
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
On Wed, Aug 3, 2022 at 10:56 AM Peter Smith <smithpb2250@gmail.com> wrote:

> PSA a patch to modify the descriptions as suggested by Amit.

*
<para>
-         The end LSN of the commit prepared transaction.
+         The end LSN of the commit of the prepared transaction.
-         Identifies the message as the commit of a two-phase
transaction message.
+         Identifies the message as the commit of a prepared
transaction message.

In the above messages, we can even directly say "commit prepared
transaction" but as you have written appears clear to me.

*
For timestamp, related messages, we have three different messages:
Commit timestamp of the transaction. The value is in number of
microseconds since PostgreSQL epoch (2000-01-01).
Prepare timestamp of the transaction. The value is in number of
microseconds since PostgreSQL epoch (2000-01-01).
Rollback timestamp of the transaction. The value is in number of
microseconds since PostgreSQL epoch (2000-01-01).

We can improve by saying "Timestamp of prepared transaction" for the
second one but it will make it bit inconsistent with others, so not
sure if changing it makes sense or if there is a better way to change
all the three messages.

Thoughts?

--
With Regards,