Re: pgsql: Allow UPDATE to move rows between partitions.

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: pgsql: Allow UPDATE to move rows between partitions.
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
On Sat, Jan 20, 2018 at 2:03 AM, Robert Haas <rhaas@postgresql.org> wrote:
> Allow UPDATE to move rows between partitions.

+    If an <command>UPDATE</command> on a partitioned table causes a row to move
+    to another partition, it will be performed as a <command>DELETE</command>
+    from the original partition followed by an <command>INSERT</command> into
+    the new partition. In this case, all row-level <literal>BEFORE</literal>
+    <command>UPDATE</command> triggers and all row-level
+    the original partition.

Do we need to maintain triggers related behavior for logical
replication?  In logical replication, we use ExecSimpleRelationDelete
to perform Delete operation which is not aware of this special
behavior (execute before update trigger for this case).

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.