Re: Cleanup - Removed unused function parameter in reorder buffer & parallel vacuum

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: Cleanup - Removed unused function parameter in reorder buffer & parallel vacuum
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jul 3, 2020 at 2:06 PM Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 3 Jul 2020 at 09:07, vignesh C <vignesh21@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> While checking through the code I found that  some of the function
>> parameters in reorderbuffer & vacuumlazy are not used. I felt this
>> could be removed. I'm not sure if it is kept for future use or not.
>> Attached patch contains the changes for the same.
>> Thoughts?
>

> Unused? To confirm that, everybody that has a logical decoding plugin needs to check their code so we are certain
thisis sensible.

The changes proposed by Vignesh are in ReorderBuffer APIs and some of
them are static functions, so not sure if decoding plugin comes into
the picture.

> Seems like a change with low utility.

Yeah, all or most of the ReorderBuffer APIs seem to take the
"ReorderBuffer *" parameter, so not sure if removing from some of them
is useful or not.  At least in the current form, they look consistent.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.