Re: Re: BUG #15039: some question about hash index code

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: Re: BUG #15039: some question about hash index code
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Fri, Feb 2, 2018 at 2:03 AM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 1, 2018 at 1:51 AM, Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Attached patch fix_markbufdirty_hash_index_v1.patch fixes the problem
>> by calling MarkBufferDirty at the appropriate place in the code.
>> However, I noticed that we might end up calling MarkBufferDirty twice
>> for metapage in _hash_addovflpage.  I think we can easily avoid that
>> as is done in patch fix_markbufdirty_hash_index_v1.1.patch.
>
> IIUC, the v1 patch is fixing a bug, but the v1.1 patch is a minor
> optimization.

Yes.

>  I'm going to take the easy way out and push v1 to v10
> and master.

Okay.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.

От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Re: BUG #14952: COPY fails to fill in IDENTITY column default value
От: Srikanth M K
Сообщение: Difference in behaviour between 9.6 and 10.1: GROUPING with ROLLUP ,difference in order and error with unnest