Re: [Patch] Optimize dropping of relation buffers using dlist

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: [Patch] Optimize dropping of relation buffers using dlist
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Dec 23, 2020 at 6:30 AM k.jamison@fujitsu.com
<k.jamison@fujitsu.com> wrote:

> On Tuesday, December 22, 2020 6:25 PM, Amit Kapila wrote:
>
> > Apart from tests, do let me know if you are happy with the changes in the
> > patch? Next, I'll look into DropRelFileNodesAllBuffers() optimization patch.
>
> Thank you, Amit.
> That looks more neat, combining the previous patches 0002-0003, so I am +1
> with the changes because of the clearer explanations for the threshold and
> optimization path in DropRelFileNodeBuffers. Thanks for cleaning my patch sets.
> Hope we don't forget the 0001 patch's assertion in smgrextend() to ensure that we
> do it safely too and that we are not InRecovery.

I think the 0001 is mostly for test purposes but we will see once the
main patches are ready.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.

От: "k.jamison@fujitsu.com"
Сообщение: RE: [Patch] Optimize dropping of relation buffers using dlist