Re: Remove unused fields in ReorderBufferTupleBuf

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: Remove unused fields in ReorderBufferTupleBuf
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jul 26, 2023 at 7:22 PM Aleksander Alekseev
<aleksander@timescale.com> wrote:

> > Here is the corrected patch. I added it to the nearest CF [1].
>
> I played a bit more with the patch. There was an idea to make
> ReorderBufferTupleBufData an opaque structure known only within
> reorderbyffer.c but it turned out that replication/logical/decode.c
> accesses it directly so I abandoned that idea for now.
>
> > Alternatively we could convert ReorderBufferTupleBufData macro to an
> > inlined function. At least it will add some type safety.
>
> Here is v3 that implements it too as a separate patch.

But why didn't you pursue your idea of getting rid of the wrapper
structure ReorderBufferTupleBuf which after this patch will have just
one member? I think there could be hassles in backpatching bug-fixes
in some cases but in the longer run it would make the code look clean.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.

Сообщение: Re: Removing const-false IS NULL quals and redundant IS NOT NULL quals
Сообщение: Re: Removing const-false IS NULL quals and redundant IS NOT NULL quals