Re: zheap: a new storage format for PostgreSQL

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: zheap: a new storage format for PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Nov 1, 2018 at 7:26 PM Tomas Vondra
<tomas.vondra@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

> On 11/01/2018 07:43 AM, Amit Kapila wrote:
> >
> > You can find the latest code at https://github.com/EnterpriseDB/zheap
> >

> Seems valgrind complains about a couple of places in the code - nothing
> major, might be noise, but probably worth a look.

I have looked at the report and one of those seems to be problematic,
so I have pushed the fix for the same.  The other one for below stack
seems to be bogus:
==7569==  Uninitialised value was created by a stack allocation
==7569==    at 0x59043D: znocachegetattr (zheapam.c:6206)
==7569==
{
   <insert_a_suppression_name_here>
   Memcheck:Cond
   fun:ZHeapDetermineModifiedColumns
   fun:zheap_update

I have checked in the function znocachegetattr that if we initialize
the value of ret_datum, it fixes the reported error, but actually
there is no need for doing it as the code always assign the valid
value to this variable.  I have left it as is for now as I am not sure
whether there is any value in doing such an initialization.

Thanks for the report.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.