Re: pg_rewind in contrib

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: pg_rewind in contrib
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Mar 11, 2015 at 2:23 PM, Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka@iki.fi> wrote:
On 03/11/2015 05:01 AM, Amit Kapila wrote:
I have tried without backslash as well, but still it returns
same error.

pg_rewind.exe -D ..\..\Data --source-pgdata=..\..\Database1
The servers diverged at WAL position 0/1769BD8 on timeline 5.
Rewinding from last common checkpoint at 0/1769B30 on timeline 5

could not open file "..\..\Data/base/12706/16394" for truncation: No such
file or directory
Failure, exiting

I tried to reproduce this, but it tripped the "Assert(entry->isrelfile)" assertion in process_block_change. However, that seems to be an unrelated issue - pg_rewind was not handling FSM blocks correctly. It's supposed to ignore them but extactPageInfo didn't get the memo. I think I broke that when doing the changes for the new WAL record format.

After fixing that (new patch attached), your test case works fine for me. I'm using the attached bash script to test it. Can you test if the attached script works for you, and if it does, see if you can "fix" the script so that it reproduces the error you're seeing?

With attached modified script, I am able to reproduce the
error (I have used the latest pg_rewind patch (pg_rewind-bin-8))

The servers diverged at WAL position 0/1693400 on timeline 1.
Rewinding from last common checkpoint at 0/1693390 on timeline 1

could not open file "data-master/base/12706/16384" for truncation: No such file or directory
Failure, exiting

I am able to reproduce it on Windows (haven't tried it on linux).

With Regards,
Amit Kapila.
Вложения