Re: Let PostgreSQL's On Schedule checkpoint write buffer smooth spread cycle by tuning IsCheckpointOnSchedule?

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: Let PostgreSQL's On Schedule checkpoint write buffer smooth spread cycle by tuning IsCheckpointOnSchedule?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jul 2, 2015 at 4:16 PM, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
On 13 May 2015 at 09:35, Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka@iki.fi> wrote:

In summary, the X^1.5 correction seems to work pretty well. It doesn't completely eliminate the problem, but it makes it a lot better.

Agreed

Do we want to consider if wal_compression is enabled as that
can reduce the effect full_page_writes?

Also I am planning to run some tests for this patch, but not sure
if tps and or latency numbers by pgbench are sufficient or do you
people want to see actual read/write count via some form of
dynamic tracing (stap) as done by the reporter of this issue?

With Regards,
Amit Kapila.