Re: Avoiding pin scan during btree vacuum

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: Avoiding pin scan during btree vacuum
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Oct 20, 2016 at 4:00 AM, Alvaro Herrera
<alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> Robert Haas wrote:
>> >
>> > I'm definitely -1 on back-patching such a thing.  Put it in HEAD for
>> > awhile.  If it survives six months or so then we could discuss it again.
>>
>> I agree with Tom.
>
> Okay, several months have passed with this in the development branch and
> now seems a good time to backpatch this all the way back to 9.4.

Are you talking about commit -
3e4b7d87988f0835f137f15f5c1a40598dd21f3d?  If yes, do we want to
retain this code in its current form under define UNUSED, is there any
advantage of same.   Another point is that won't this commit make
information in xl_btree_vacuum redundant, so shouldn't we remove it
usage during WAL writing as well?

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.