Re: Non-superuser subscription owners

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: Non-superuser subscription owners
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Dec 6, 2021 at 9:26 PM Mark Dilger <mark.dilger@enterprisedb.com> wrote:

> We don't want to maintain such a property, or at least, that's not what I want.  I don't think that's what Jeff
wants,either.

> To clarify, I'm not entirely sure how to interpret the verb "maintain" in your question, since before the patch the
propertydoes not exist, and after the patch, it continues to not exist.  We could *add* such a property, of course,
thoughthis patch does not attempt any such thing.

Okay, let me try to explain again. Following is the text from docs
[1]: " (a) To create a subscription, the user must be a superuser. (b)
The subscription apply process will run in the local database with the
privileges of a superuser. (c) Privileges are only checked once at the
start of a replication connection. They are not re-checked as each
change record is read from the publisher, nor are they re-checked for
each change when applied.

My understanding is that we want to improve what is written as (c)
which I think is the same as what you mentioned later as "Fix the
current bug wherein subscription changes are applied with superuser
force after the subscription owner has superuser privileges revoked.".
Am I correct till here? If so, I think what I am suggesting should fix
this with the assumption that we still want to follow (b) at least for
the first patch. One possibility is that our understanding of the
first problem is the same but you want to allow apply worker running
even when superuser privileges are revoked provided the user with
which it is running has appropriate privileges on the objects being
accessed by apply worker.

We will talk about other points of the roadmap you mentioned once our
understanding for the first one matches.

[1] - https://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/logical-replication-security.html

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.

От: Dilip Kumar
Сообщение: Re: Add sub-transaction overflow status in pg_stat_activity
От: Greg Nancarrow
Сообщение: Re: Alter all tables in schema owner fix