Re: Proposal: Incremental Backup

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: Proposal: Incremental Backup
Дата
Re: Proposal: Incremental Backup  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
Re: Proposal: Incremental Backup  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jul 30, 2014 at 11:32 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:

> IMV, the way to eventually make this efficient is to have a background
> process that reads the WAL and figures out which data blocks have been
> modified, and tracks that someplace.

Nice idea, however I think to make this happen we need to ensure
that WAL doesn't get deleted/overwritten before this process reads
it (may be by using some existing param or mechanism) and
wal_level has to be archive or more.

One more thing, what will happen for unlogged tables with such a
mechanism?

With Regards,
Amit Kapila.