Re: logical decoding and replication of sequences, take 2

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: logical decoding and replication of sequences, take 2
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jun 27, 2023 at 11:30 AM Ashutosh Bapat
<ashutosh.bapat.oss@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have not looked at the DDL replication patch in detail so I may be
> missing something. IIUC, that patch replicates the DDL statement in
> some form: parse tree or statement. But it doesn't replicate the some
> or all WAL records that the DDL execution generates.

Yes, the DDL replication patch uses the parse tree and catalog
information to generate a deparsed form of DDL statement which is WAL
logged and used to replicate DDLs.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.