Re: Loaded footgun open_datasync on Windows

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: Loaded footgun open_datasync on Windows
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jun 6, 2018 at 10:18 AM, Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:
On Wed, Jun 06, 2018 at 09:58:34AM +0530, Amit Kapila wrote:

>> It could be
>> risky for existing callers of open() for tool maintainers, or on the
>> contrary people could welcome a wrapper of open() which is
>> concurrent-safe in their own tools.
>
> I am not sure if we can safely assume that because using these functions
> would allow users to concurrently delete the files, but may be it is okay
> for all the FRONTEND modules.  One another alternative could be that we
> define open as pgwin32_open (for WIN32) wherever we need it.

Which is what basically happens on any *nix platform, are you foreseeing
anything bad here?

Nothing apparent, but I think we should try to find out why at the first place this has been made backend specific.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.

Сообщение: Re: I'd like to discuss scaleout at PGCon
Сообщение: Re: I'd like to discuss scaleout at PGCon