Re: WIP: Avoid creation of the free space map for small tables

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: WIP: Avoid creation of the free space map for small tables
Дата
Re: WIP: Avoid creation of the free space map for small tables
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Mar 14, 2019 at 7:46 PM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 14, 2019 at 12:37 PM John Naylor
> <john.naylor@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Thu, Mar 14, 2019 at 2:17 PM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > 1. Added an Assert in new_cluster_needs_fsm() that old cluster version
> > > should be >= 804 as that is where fsm support has been added.
> >
> > There is already an explicit check for 804 in the caller,
> >

> Yeah, I know that, but I have added it to prevent this function being
> used elsewhere.  OTOH, maybe you are right that as per current code it
> is superfluous, so we shouldn't add this assert.

I have committed the latest version of this patch.  I think we can
wait for a day or two see if there is any complain from buildfarm or
in general and then we can close this CF entry.  IIRC, this was the
last patch in the series, right?

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.