Re: [HACKERS] Pluggable storage

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Pluggable storage
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Oct 14, 2017 at 1:09 AM, Alexander Korotkov
<a.korotkov@postgrespro.ru> wrote:

>> > If we implement that interface, where does that leave EvalPlanQual()?
>

> From the first glance, it seems that pluggable storage should override
> EvalPlanQualFetch(), rest of EvalPlanQual() looks quite generic.

I think there is more to it.  Currently, EState->es_epqTuple is a
HeapTuple which is filled as part of EvalPlanQual mechanism and then
later used during the scan.  We need to make it pluggable in some way
so that other heaps can work.  We also need some work for
EvalPlanQualFetchRowMarks as that also seems to be tightly coupled
with HeapTuple.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.