Re: Security Definer functions no longer works in PG14+

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: Security Definer functions no longer works in PG14+
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Sun, May 8, 2022 at 12:33 PM Jobin Augustine
<jobin.augustine@percona.com> wrote:

>> Good to know that workaround helps your use case. But I am curious to know why you want to use Alter Subscription ..
Refreshvia function? The same restriction holds for Create/Drop Subscription as well but you don't seem to be using
thosevia function.

> Yes, the workaround really helps to continue the operations as it was.
> let me explain.
>
> In a typical operations case, owner / someone with superuser privilege sets up everything as part of the deployment
andthen hands over the day-to-day operations of different teams who do 24x7 coverage.

> Those teams in regular operations support won't be given superuser privilege or owner account because of obvious
reasons.
> A function with "SECURITY DEFINER" is generally used as a method to hand over only the required privilege just to
refreshthe subscription.

Okay, thanks for the clarification.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: BUG #17476: ERROR: "variable not found in subplan target list" when running SELECT COUNT(*)
От: Miloš Urbánek
Сообщение: Re: BUG #17476: ERROR: "variable not found in subplan target list" when running SELECT COUNT(*)