Re: Performance Improvement by reducing WAL for Update Operation

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: Performance Improvement by reducing WAL for Update Operation
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Dec 12, 2013 at 3:43 AM, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> wrote:
> This patch fails the regression tests; see attachment.
  Thanks for reporting the diffs. The reason for failures is that
still decoding for tuple is not done as mentioned in Notes section in
mail  (http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAA4eK1JeUbY16uwrDA2TaBkk+rLRL3Giyyqy1mVh_6CThmDR8w@mail.gmail.com)
  However, to keep the sanity of patch, I will do that and post an
updated patch, but I think the main idea behind new approach at this  point is to get feedback on if such an
optimizationis acceptable

for worst case scenarios and if not whether we can get this done  with table level or GUC option.

With Regards,
Amit Kapila.

От: Amit Kapila
Сообщение: Re: [bug fix] pg_ctl always uses the same event source
От: Tatsuo Ishii
Сообщение: Re: pgbench with large scale factor