Re: Movement of restart_lsn position movement of logical replication slots is very slow

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: Movement of restart_lsn position movement of logical replication slots is very slow
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Dec 24, 2020 at 7:30 PM Jammie <shailesh.jamloki@gmail.com> wrote:

> Sorry dont have the debug setup handy. However the sql commands now works though to move the restart_lsn of the slots
instandlone code from psql.

>  A few followup questions.
>
> What is catalog_xmin in the pg_replication_slots ? and how is it playing role in moving the restart_lsn of the slot.
>
> I am just checking possibility that if a special transaction can cause private slot to stale ?

Yeah, it is possible if there is some old transaction is active in the
system. The restart_lsn is lsn required by the oldesttxn. But it is
strange that it affects only one of the slots.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.

Сообщение: Re: postgres_fdw - cached connection leaks if the associated user mapping/foreign server is dropped
Сообщение: Re: postgres_fdw - cached connection leaks if the associated user mapping/foreign server is dropped