Re: doc: clarify the limitation for logical replication when REPILICA IDENTITY is FULL

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: doc: clarify the limitation for logical replication when REPILICA IDENTITY is FULL
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jul 14, 2023 at 2:15 PM Hayato Kuroda (Fujitsu)
<kuroda.hayato@fujitsu.com> wrote:

> > > I think it's appropriate to add on the restrictions page. (But mentioning that this
> > restriction is only for subscriber)
> > >
> > > If the list were larger, then the restrictions page could be divided into publisher
> > and subscriber restrictions. But not for one very specific restriction.
> > >

> > Okay, how about something like: "The UPDATE and DELETE operations
> > cannot be applied on the subscriber for the published tables that
> > specify REPLICA IDENTITY FULL when the table has attributes with
> > datatypes (e.g point or box) that don't have a default operator class
> > for Btree or Hash. This won't be a problem if the table has a primary
> > key or replica identity defined for it."?
>
> Thanks for discussing and giving suggestions. But it seems that the first
> sentence is difficult to read for me. How about attached?

The last line seems repetitive to me. So, I have removed it. Apart
from that patch looks good to me. Sergie, Peter, and others, any
thoughts?

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.