Re: Optionally automatically disable logical replication subscriptions on error

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: Optionally automatically disable logical replication subscriptions on error
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Jun 19, 2021 at 1:06 AM Mark Dilger
<mark.dilger@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> > On Jun 17, 2021, at 9:47 PM, Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > We are also discussing another action like skipping the apply of the
> > transaction on an error [1]. I think it is better to evaluate both the
> > proposals as one seems to be an extension of another.
>
> Thanks for the link.
>
> I think they are two separate options.

Right, but there are things that could be common from the design
perspective. For example, why is it mandatory to update this conflict
( error) information in the system catalog instead of displaying it
via some stats view? Also, why not also log the xid of the failed
transaction?

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.