Re: [HACKERS] Setting pd_lower in GIN metapage

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Setting pd_lower in GIN metapage
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Sep 12, 2017 at 3:51 PM, Amit Langote
<Langote_Amit_f8@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:
> On 2017/09/11 18:13, Michael Paquier wrote:
>>>
>>> Sorry, I didn't have time today to carefully go through the recent
>>> discussion on this thread (starting with Tom's email wherein he said he
>>> set the status of the patch to Waiting on Author).  I will try tomorrow.
>>
>> Thanks for the update! Once you get to this point, please let me know
>> if you would like to work on a more complete patch for brin, gin and
>> spgist. If you don't have enough room, I am fine to produce something.
>
> I updated the patches for GIN, BRIN, and SP-GiST to include the following
> changes:
>
> 1. Pass REGBUF_STNADARD flag when registering the metapage buffer

I have looked into brin patch and it seems you have not considered all
usages of meta page.  The structure BrinRevmap also contains a
reference to meta page buffer and when that is modified (ex. in
revmap_physical_extend), then also I think you need to consider using
REGBUF_STNADARD flag.

> Did I miss something from the discussion?

I think one point which might be missed is that the patch needs to
modify pd_lower for all usages of metapage, not only when it is first
time initialized.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.