Re: [BUG] Failed Assertion in ReorderBufferChangeMemoryUpdate()

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: [BUG] Failed Assertion in ReorderBufferChangeMemoryUpdate()
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Sep 6, 2021 at 9:14 PM Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 6, 2021 at 8:54 PM Drouvot, Bertrand <bdrouvot@amazon.com> wrote:
>>
>> Thanks for your feedback!
>>
>> That seems indeed more logical, so I see 3 options to do so:
>>
>>  1) Add a new API say ReorderBufferChangeMemorySubstractSize() (with a Size as one parameter) and make use of it in
ReorderBufferToastReplace()

>>  2) Add a new "Size" parameter to ReorderBufferChangeMemoryUpdate(), so that if this parameter is > 0 then it would
beused instead of "sz = ReorderBufferChangeSize(change)"

>>  3) Do the substraction directly into ReorderBufferToastReplace() without any API
>>
>> I'm inclined to go for option 2), what do you think?

Isn't it better if we use option 2) at all places as then we won't
need any special check inside ReorderBufferChangeMemoryUpdate()?

> Yet another option could be to create a new API say ReorderBufferReplaceChangeMemoryUpdate(), which takes, 2
parameters,oldchange, and newchange as inputs, it will compute the difference and add/subtract that size.  Logically,
thatis what we are actually trying to do right? i.e. replacing old change with the new change.

Note that in ReorderBufferToastReplace(), the new tuple is replaced in
change so by the time we want to do this computation oldchange won't
be preserved.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.

От: Kyotaro Horiguchi
Сообщение: Re: Timeout failure in 019_replslot_limit.pl
От: Денис Романенко
Сообщение: Data loss when '"json_populate_recorset" with long column name