Re: [HACKERS] rewrite HeapSatisfiesHOTAndKey

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: [HACKERS] rewrite HeapSatisfiesHOTAndKey
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] rewrite HeapSatisfiesHOTAndKey  (Mithun Cy <mithun.cy@enterprisedb.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jan 4, 2017 at 11:45 PM, Pavan Deolasee
<pavan.deolasee@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 3, 2017 at 9:33 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, Jan 2, 2017 at 1:36 AM, Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> > Okay, but I think if we know how much is the additional cost in
>> > average and worst case, then we can take a better call.
>>
>> Yeah.  We shouldn't just rip out optimizations that are inconvenient
>> without doing some test of what the impact is on the cases where those
>> optimizations are likely to matter.  I don't think it needs to be
>> anything incredibly laborious and if there's no discernable impact,
>> great.
>

> So I performed some tests to measure if this causes any noticeable
> regression.

Your test and results look good, what kind of m/c you have used to
test this.  Let me see if I or one of my colleague can do this and
similar test on some high-end m/c.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.