Re: Rename max_parallel_degree?

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: Rename max_parallel_degree?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, May 2, 2016 at 11:47 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 26, 2016 at 11:49 AM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Tue, Apr 26, 2016 at 11:44 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> >> Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> writes:
>
> To summarize the positions as I understand them:
>
> Magnus seems OK with the way things are.
> Peter wants to change either the fact that it is 0-based or the fact
> that it is called degree, but is OK with either.
> Tom doesn't like "degree" and also thinks anything called degree
> should 1-based, but it sounds like he's more interested in changing
> the first thing than the second one
> Bruce and JD seemed to like degree -> workers.
> JD also suggested another option that nobody else endorsed.
> Alvaro suggested another option that nobody else endorsed.
>
> Does anyone else want to vote?

I think the way it is currently in HEAD seems easy to correlate how the feature works, but may be it appears to me that way because I am involved from long time with this implementation.   I also think one can easily confused among max_parallel_workers and max_worker_processes, so if we want to change, my vote goes with changing the default of max_parallel_degree to 1 (as suggested by Peter G.).

With Regards,
Amit Kapila.