Re: locking [user] catalog tables vs 2pc vs logical rep

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: locking [user] catalog tables vs 2pc vs logical rep
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jun 8, 2021 at 6:24 PM vignesh C <vignesh21@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the updated patch.
>
> I have few comments:
> 1) Should we list the actual system tables like pg_class,pg_trigger,
> etc instead of any other catalog table?
> User has issued an explicit LOCK on pg_class (or any other catalog table)

I think the way it is mentioned is okay. We don't need to specify
other catalog tables.

> 2) Here This means deadlock, after this we mention deadlock again for
> each of the examples, we can remove it if redundant.
> This can happen in the following ways:
> 3) Should [user] catalog tables be catalog tables or user catalog tables
> [user] catalog tables

The third point is not clear. Can you please elaborate by quoting the
exact change from the patch?

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.

Сообщение: Re: Adjust pg_regress output for new long test names
Сообщение: Re: Adjust pg_regress output for new long test names