Re: bogus: logical replication rows/cols combinations

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: bogus: logical replication rows/cols combinations
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, May 2, 2022 at 3:05 PM Tomas Vondra
<tomas.vondra@enterprisedb.com> wrote:

> On 5/2/22 07:31, Amit Kapila wrote:
> > On Mon, May 2, 2022 at 3:27 AM Tomas Vondra
> > <tomas.vondra@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> >>

> >> The second option has the annoying consequence that it makes this
> >> useless for the "data redaction" use case I described in [2], because
> >> that relies on combining multiple publications.
> >>

> > True, but as a workaround users can create different subscriptions for
> > different publications.
> >

> Won't that replicate duplicate data, when the row filters re not
> mutually exclusive?

True, but this is a recommendation for mutually exclusive data, and as
far as I can understand the example given by you [1] and Alvaro has
mutually exclusive conditions. In your example, one of the
publications has a condition (region = 'USA') and the other
publication has a condition (region != 'USA'), so will there be a
problem in using different subscriptions for such cases?

[1] - https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/338e719c-4bc8-f40a-f701-e29543a264e4@enterprisedb.com

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.