Re: Segmentation fault when max_parallel degree is very High

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: Segmentation fault when max_parallel degree is very High
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, May 4, 2016 at 8:31 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut@gmail.com> writes:
> > When parallel degree is set to very high say 70000, there is a segmentation
> > fault in parallel code,
> > and that is because type casting is missing in the code..
>
> I'd say the cause is not having a sane range limit on the GUC.

I think it might not be advisable to have this value more than the number of CPU cores, so how about limiting it to 512 or 1024?

With Regards,
Amit Kapila.

Сообщение: Re: Is pg_control file crashsafe?
Сообщение: Re: Is pg_control file crashsafe?