Re: Long paths for tablespace leads to uninterruptible hang in Windows

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: Long paths for tablespace leads to uninterruptible hang in Windows
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Oct 31, 2013 at 8:58 AM, Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 16, 2013 at 1:44 AM, Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> I agree we'll probably want to work around it in the end, but I still
>>> think it should be put to Microsoft PSS if we can. The usual - have we
>>> actually produced a self-contained example that does just this (and
>>> doesn't include the full postgres support) and submitted it to
>>> *microsoft* for comments?
>>
>>   I have written a self contained win32 console application with which
>> the issue can be reproduced.
>>   The application project is attached with this mail.
>
> Logged a support ticket with Microsoft, they could reproduce the issue
> with the sample application (it is same what I had posted on hackers
> in this thread) and working on it.

Further update on this issue:

Microsoft has suggested a workaround for stat API. Their suggestion
is to use 'GetFileAttributesEx' instead of stat, when I tried their
suggestion, it also gives me same problem as stat.

Still they have not told anything about other API's
(rmdir, RemoveDirectory) which has same problem.

With Regards,
Amit Kapila.