Re: pgsql: Allow multiple xacts during table sync in logical replication.

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: pgsql: Allow multiple xacts during table sync in logical replication.
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
On Sat, Feb 13, 2021 at 6:47 AM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Feb 13, 2021 at 4:20 AM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> >
> > Don't do that.  Quite aside from the inconsistency, this is pretty
> > darn unsafe coding technique, because there is exactly nothing
> > guaranteeing that the caller passes a buffer of the length the
> > function expects.
> >
> > I'm not real sure that you could expect a compiler warning for that
> > even if you'd put the length declaration where callers could see it.
> > So personally I'd avoid hard-wiring NAMEDATALEN into this API at all,
> > and have the caller pass sizeof(its buffer) instead.
> >

> Thanks for pointing it out. I'll look into this.

Attached should fix the reported warnings but as I am not getting
those warnings on my system so can't confirm but otherwise, the patch
works as expected. I am planning to push this unless you or Peter have
any comments.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: pgsql: Allow multiple xacts during table sync in logical replication.
Сообщение: Re: pgsql: Allow multiple xacts during table sync in logical replication.