Re: [HACKERS] Block level parallel vacuum

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Block level parallel vacuum
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Jan 4, 2020 at 6:48 PM Mahendra Singh Thalor <mahi6run@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> In other thread "parallel vacuum options/syntax" [1], Amit Kapila asked opinion about syntax for making normal vacuum
toparallel.  From that thread, I can see that people are in favor of option(b) to implement.  So I tried to implement
option(b)on the top of v41 patch set and implemented a delta patch.

I looked at your code and changed it slightly to allow the vacuum to
be performed in parallel by default.  Apart from that, I have made a
few other modifications (a) changed the macro SizeOfLVDeadTuples as
preferred by Tomas [1], (b) updated the documentation, (c) changed a
few comments.

The first two patches are the same.  I have not posted the patch
related to the FAST option as I am not sure we have a consensus for
that and I have also intentionally left DISABLE_LEADER_PARTICIPATION
related patch to avoid confusion.

What do you think of the attached?  Sawada-san, kindly verify the
changes and let me know your opinion.

[1] - https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20191229212354.tqivttn23lxjg2jz%40development

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.

Вложения

От: Dilip Kumar
Сообщение: Re: Fastpath while arranging the changes in LSN order in logical decoding
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: sidewinder has one failure