Re: Fix initdb for path with whitespace and at char

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: Fix initdb for path with whitespace and at char
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Apr 30, 2014 at 4:01 PM, Heikki Linnakangas
<hlinnakangas@vmware.com> wrote:
> I committed the non-invasive fixes to backbranches (and master too, just to
> keep it in sync), but the attached is what I came up with for master.
>
> There are a couple of places in the code where we have #ifdef WIN32 code
> that uses CreateProcess with "CMD /C ..." directly.

1. Do we need similar handling for CreatePipe case where it directly uses
executable path such as in function pipe_read_line()?
Currently the caller of pipe_read_line() calls canonicalize_path() to change
win32 specific path, is that sufficient or do we need SYSTEMQUOTE type
of handling for it.

2.
system.c
#include <assert.h>
Do we really need inclusion of assert.h or this is for future use?

3. One more observation is that currently install.bat doesn't work
for such paths:
install.bat "e:\PostgreSQL\master\install 1\ins@1"
1\ins@1""=="" was unexpected at this time.

4. Similar to Andrew, I also could not reproduce this problem on my
Windows system (Windows 7 64 bit)
e:\>"e:\PostgreSQL\master\install 1\ins@1\bin\initdb.exe" -D "e:
\PostgreSQL\master\Data 1"
e:\>"e:\PostgreSQL\master\install 1\ins@1\bin\pg_ctl.exe" start -D "e: