Re: Broken example in PL/PgSQL documentation

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: Broken example in PL/PgSQL documentation
Дата
Список pgsql-docs

                ^
> DETAIL:  It could refer to either a PL/pgSQL variable or a table column.
> QUERY:  SELECT quantity, quantity * price FROM sales
>                  WHERE itemno = p_itemno
> CONTEXT:  PL/pgSQL function "extended_sales" line 3 at RETURN QUERY

> Patch to fix this attached.

Patch will surely fix the broken example, however I
am wondering if it is better to write the query using
alias.
..

SELECT s.quantity, s.quantity * s.price FROM sales s
                 WHERE s.itemno = p_itemno;

Note - I have cc'ed to hackers as the review for CF patches
are posted on hackers list.

With Regards,
Amit Kapila.