Re: [HACKERS] Re: [HACKERS] Re: [HACKERS] Re: [HACKERS] Re: [HACKERS] Windows service is not starting so there’s message in log: FATAL: "could not create shared memory segment “Global/PostgreSQL.851401618”: Permission denied”

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Re: [HACKERS] Re: [HACKERS] Re: [HACKERS] Re: [HACKERS] Windows service is not starting so there’s message in log: FATAL: "could not create shared memory segment “Global/PostgreSQL.851401618”: Permission denied”
Дата
Ответ на Re: Re: [HACKERS] Re: [HACKERS] Re: [HACKERS] Re: [HACKERS] Windows service is not starting so there’s message in log: FATAL: "could not create shared memory segment “Global/PostgreSQL.851401618”: Permission denied”  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Ответы Re: Re: [HACKERS] Re: [HACKERS] Re: [HACKERS] Re: [HACKERS] Re: [HACKERS] Windows service is not starting so there’s message in log: FATAL: "could not create shared memory segment “Global/PostgreSQL.851401618”: Permission denied”  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Sep 20, 2016 at 10:33 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> On Thu, May 26, 2016 at 7:44 PM, Michael Paquier
>> <michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Yeah, it is definitely better to register it. And I have switched the
>>> patch as ready for committer just now.
>
>> Committed and back-patched to 9.4, where DSM was introduced.
>
> ISTM both the previous coding and this version can fail for no good
> reason, that is what if GetLastError() happens to return one of these
> error codes as a result of some unrelated failure from before this
> subroutine is entered?  That is, wouldn't it be a good idea to
> do SetLastError(0) before calling CreateFileMapping?

Yes, that seems like a good idea.  Do you need a patch with some
testing on windows environment?

>  Or is the latter
> guaranteed to do that on success?

I don't see any such guarantee from the msdn page and it appears from
GetLastError()/SetLastError() specs [1][2] that functions that set
last error code to zero on success, do mention it in their
documentation.

[1] - https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms679360(v=vs.85).aspx
[2] - https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms680627(v=vs.85).aspx

--