Re: [HACKERS] Block level parallel vacuum

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Block level parallel vacuum
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] Block level parallel vacuum  (Masahiko Sawada <masahiko.sawada@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jan 24, 2020 at 4:58 PM Mahendra Singh Thalor
<mahi6run@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 23 Jan 2020 at 15:32, Mahendra Singh Thalor <mahi6run@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, 22 Jan 2020 at 12:48, Masahiko Sawada
> > <masahiko.sawada@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Attached the updated version patch.
> >
> > Thanks Sawada-san for the re-based patch.
> >
> > I reviewed and tested this patch.  Patch looks good to me.
>
> As offline, suggested by Amit Kapila, I verified vacuumdb "-P" option
> functionality with older versions(<13) and also I tested vacuumdb by
> giving "-j" option with "-P". All are working as per expectation and I
> didn't find any issue with these options.

I have made few modifications in the patch.

1. I think we should try to block the usage of 'full' and 'parallel'
option in the utility rather than allowing the server to return an
error.
2. It is better to handle 'P' option in getopt_long in the order of
its declaration in long_options array.
3. Added an Assert for server version while handling of parallel option.
4. Added a few sentences in the documentation.

What do you guys think of the attached?

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.