Re: replication_origin and replication_origin_lsn usage on subscriber

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: replication_origin and replication_origin_lsn usage on subscriber
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jul 14, 2020 at 12:05 PM Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 14, 2020 at 11:14 AM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > So IIUC, currently we are sending the latest origin_id which is set
> > > during the commit time.  So in our case, while we start streaming we
> > > will send the origin_id of the latest change in the current stream
> > > right?
> > >

> > It has to be sent only once with the first start message not with
> > consecutive start messages.
>
> Okay,  so do you mean to say that with the first start message we send
> the origin_id of the latest change?

Yes.

>  because during the transaction
> lifetime, the origin id can be changed.

Yeah, it could be changed but if we have to send again apart from with
the first message then it should be sent with each message.  So, I
think it is better to just send it once during the transaction as we
do it now (send with begin message).

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.