Re: Questions/Observations related to Gist vacuum

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: Questions/Observations related to Gist vacuum
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Oct 16, 2019 at 11:20 AM Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 15, 2019 at 7:13 PM Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka@iki.fi> wrote:
> >
> > On 15/10/2019 09:37, Amit Kapila wrote:
> > > While reviewing a parallel vacuum patch [1], we noticed a few things
> > > about $SUBJECT implemented in commit -
> > > 7df159a620b760e289f1795b13542ed1b3e13b87.
> > >
> > > 1. A new memory context GistBulkDeleteResult->page_set_context has
> > > been introduced, but it doesn't seem to be used.
> >
> > Oops. internal_page_set and empty_leaf_set were supposed to be allocated
> > in that memory context. As things stand, we leak them until end of
> > vacuum, in a multi-pass vacuum.
>
> Here is a patch to fix this issue.

The patch looks good to me.  I have slightly modified the comments and
removed unnecessary initialization.

Heikki, are you fine me committing and backpatching this to 12?  Let
me know if you have a different idea to fix.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.

Вложения