Re: persist logical slots to disk during shutdown checkpoint

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: persist logical slots to disk during shutdown checkpoint
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Sep 1, 2023 at 10:50 AM vignesh C <vignesh21@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 1 Sept 2023 at 10:06, Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Thu, Aug 31, 2023 at 6:12 PM Ashutosh Bapat
> > <ashutosh.bapat.oss@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > yes
> > >

> > I think we should also ensure that slots are not invalidated
> > (slot.data.invalidated != RS_INVAL_NONE) before marking them dirty
> > because we don't allow decoding from such slots, so we shouldn't
> > include those.
>
> Added this check.
>
> Apart from this I have also fixed the following issues that were
> agreed on: a) Setting slots to dirty in CheckPointReplicationSlots
> instead of setting it in SaveSlotToPath

+ if (is_shutdown && SlotIsLogical(s))
+ {
+ SpinLockAcquire(&s->mutex);
+ if (s->data.invalidated == RS_INVAL_NONE &&
+ s->data.confirmed_flush != s->last_saved_confirmed_flush)
+ s->dirty = true;

I think it is better to use ReplicationSlotMarkDirty() as that would
be consistent with all other usages.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.