Re: better error description on logical replication

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: better error description on logical replication
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jun 28, 2022 at 5:50 PM Marcos Pegoraro <marcos@f10.com.br> wrote:

> I don´t know how to create a patch, maybe someday, but for now I´m just sending this little problem if somebody can
solveit.

> In a multi schema environment where several tables has same structure is a little bit hard to know which one already
hasthat primary key.

> On log I see now on replica server.
> Message:duplicate key value violates unique constraint "pkcustomer"
> Detail: Key (customer_id)=(530540) already exists.
>
> So, I know what table is but I don´t know what schema it belongs.

On which version, have you tried this? In HEAD, I am getting below information:
ERROR:  duplicate key value violates unique constraint "idx_t1"
DETAIL:  Key (c1)=(1) already exists.
CONTEXT:  processing remote data for replication origin "pg_16388"
during "INSERT" for replication target relation "public.t1" in
transaction 739 finished at 0/150D640

You can see that CONTEXT has schema information. Will that serve your purpose?

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.