Re: PATCH: logical_work_mem and logical streaming of largein-progress transactions

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: PATCH: logical_work_mem and logical streaming of largein-progress transactions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jun 22, 2020 at 11:56 AM Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 16, 2020 at 2:37 PM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> > 8.
> > + /*
> > + * Start a transaction on stream start, this transaction will be committed
> > + * on the stream stop.  We need the transaction for handling the buffile,
> > + * used for serializing the streaming data and subxact info.
> > + */
> > + ensure_transaction();
> >
> > I think we need this for PrepareTempTablespaces to set the
> > temptablespaces.  Also, isn't it required for a cleanup of buffile
> > resources at the transaction end?  Are there any other reasons for it
> > as well?  The comment should be a bit more clear for why we need a
> > transaction here.
>
> I am not sure that will it make sense to add a comment here that why
> buffile and sharedfileset need a transaction?

You can say usage of BufFile interface expects us to be in the
transaction for so and so reason....

  Do you think that we
> should add comment in buffile/shared fileset API that it should be
> called under a transaction?

I am fine with that as well.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.

От: Amit Kapila
Сообщение: Re: PATCH: logical_work_mem and logical streaming of largein-progress transactions
Сообщение: Re: PATCH: logical_work_mem and logical streaming of largein-progress transactions