Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Map basebackup tablespaces using a tablespace_map file

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Map basebackup tablespaces using a tablespace_map file
Дата
Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Map basebackup tablespaces using a tablespace_map file  (Fujii Masao <masao.fujii@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jul 2, 2015 at 7:44 PM, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

> Amit Kapila wrote:
> >
> > Added the above log messages in attached patch with small change
> > such that in message, file names will be displayed with quotes as most
> > of other usages of rename (failure) in that file uses quotes to display
> > filenames.
>
> Why emit two messages?

not necessary.

>  Can we reduce that to a single one?  Maybe the
> first one could be errdetail or something.

I think it is better other way (basically have second one as errdetail).
We already have one similar message in xlog.c that way.
ereport(LOG,
(errmsg("online backup mode canceled"),
errdetail("\"%s\" was renamed to \"%s\".",
  BACKUP_LABEL_FILE, BACKUP_LABEL_OLD)));

Attached patch consolidates errmsg into one message.

With Regards,
Amit Kapila.
Вложения