Re: question on streaming replication

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: question on streaming replication
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, Jun 14, 2018 at 10:58 AM, Atul Kumar <akumar14871@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have postgres edb 9.6 version, i have below query to solve it out.

This is not the right place to ask queries on edb versions.  You need
to check with your vendor about the right place to ask questions.
Here, you can ask the questions about PostgreSQL.

> i have configured streaming replication having master and slave node
> on same  server just to test it.
>
> All worked fine but when i made slave service stop, and create some
> test databases in master, after then i made slave service start, slave
> didn't pick the changes.

I think you need to ensure that replica is connected to master server
and then probably check logs to confirm what exactly happened.

> The replication was on async state.
>
> Then after doing some search on google i tried to make it sync state
> but even making changes in postgresql.conf file I am neither getting
> sync state nor getting any changes on slave server.

After making changes in postgresql.conf, you might need to use
pg_reload_conf  or restart the server depending on the setting you
have changed to make that setting effective.

> Please suggest the needful.

As mentioned above, I suggest asking only PostgreSQL related questions
on these mailing lists.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.