Re: dropdb --force

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: dropdb --force
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Sep 26, 2019 at 10:04 PM Peter Eisentraut

> On 2019-09-26 17:35, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> > Well, you would have one of those:
> >
> > DROP DATABASE [IF EXISTS] name WITH (FORCE)
> > DROP DATABASE [IF EXISTS] name
> >
> > Naturally, the WITH is optional in the sense that the clause itself is
> > optional.  (Note we don't have CASCADE/RESTRICT in DROP DATABASE.)
>
> The WITH here seems weird to me.  Why not leave it out?

Yeah, we can leave it as well.  However, other commands like COPY
seems to be using WITH clause for a somewhat similar purpose.  I think
we use WITH clause in other cases while specifying multiple options.
So to me, using WITH here doesn't sound to be a bad idea.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.